Welcome to Zagreb, the capital city of the Republic of Croatia.
Zagreb is one of the finest capital cities in the middle Europe and offers so many beautiful things to people of all ages. It is historical, cultural and business metropola. Take a tour with hop on/hop off bus or take a walking tour to – Ban Jelačić square, Kaptol and Cathedral, Upper town (Gradec) with famous Stone gates, St. Marco’s and St. Catherine church, Tower Lotrščak, Museum of broken relationships, Strossmayer’s promenade, downtown complex of parks with botanical garden and city’s pride dating from 1895. – Croatian National Theatre. Overnight.
Breakfast. Start your morning in relaxing atmosphere having a coffee in one of many cafes and terraces (saturdays it is popular „špica“ – shpitza). Visit one of the museums (Mimara, Museum of Contemporary Art, Modern Gallery, Klovićevi dvori). For lunch we suggest traditional restaurant with local gastronomy specialities (turkey&mlinci, strukli, zagrebacki steak, wine goulash, kremšnite…).
In the afternoon you can easily use an automatic system of public bikes to see Maksimir park with ZOO, lake Bundek or Jarun and enjoy in activity and nature. Overnight.
Breakfast. Untill your time to departure we suggest to spend your time visiting famous green market Dolac. Open market that is charming and has a fantastic & various offer. Taste famous burek while you are there.
Old Zagreb was well known for its legends.
Present remains interesting with same intensity in a modern way. Visit Zagreb and it’s going to tell you so many wonderful stories… Once upon a time there was (is):
- Katarina Matanović-Kulenović, she was the first female Croatian pilot and paratrooper. In 1938. she became first woman in eastern Europe who jumped with a parachute. We suggest panoramic flights over Zagreb and surroundings.
- Ferdinand Budicki, he was dealer, locksmith and the owner of the first car in Zagreb… in 1901.! He drove all the way from Vienna to Zagreb his Opel brand car with 3. 5 hp and 1. 545 ccm, weight 520 kb. Max. speed fantastic 20 km/h. All necessary instructions for arrival to Zagreb he got from mr. Beyschlaga on the track in Vienna’s Prater. Additiinal training he gained by observing a ride in an electric tram as he was sitting just behind the driver. He had a drivers licence under no. 1. Visit Ferdinand Budicki automobile museum.
- Eduard Slavoljub Penkala, well known for his invention of pencils, pens first Croatian aircraft etc. He patented thermophore, first mechanical pencil (pen), fountain pen… his patents are registered in more than 35 countries worldwide. Buy for yourself or as a gift one of the famous and special Penkala pens.
- Zagreb Mummy, now exposed in Archeological museum which has a rather small, but unique collection of Etruscan monuments along with most precious Zagreb linen book (Liber linteus Zagrabiensis), a manuscript with the longest surviving Etruscan text language and only preserved linen book from the ancient world. In the time when book was not used for as liturgical calendar and purposes, the part of the „book“ was cut and a few strips of linen was used for mummified body of deceased… know as the Zagreb mummy. As well museum keeps a papyrus with a text from the book of dead. See the mummy in Archeological Museum (Nikola Subic Zrinski square no. 19)
- The Museum of Broken Relationship, concept started with an idea of exposing the personal belongings and things from the failed relationships and their ruins. Museum offers a chance to overcome an emotional collapse. People embraced the idea of exhibiting their love legacy as a sort of a ritual, a solemn ceremony. Visit Museum of Broken Relationships (Upper town, Cirilometodska street no. 2)
- Zagreb parks & gardens, city has a variety of green cultivated and protected areas. Visit park Maksimir, Botanical garden, Lenuzzi’s green “horseshoe”, Medvednica mountain, lakes Jarun & Bundek.
Contact us for quotation or reservation: